Is your building dumb? “Smart” Buildings and technology seem to be all over the news and real estate industry event circuit, but what does it really mean for you and your building? We spoke with Alpha Communications about their smart video intercom platform “AlphaTouch®” to get the skinny on what it is, and why it’s important for your building and tenants.
AlphaTouch® is a cloud-based smart video intercom platform that can be managed from virtually any web browser in the world. Here are some of the key features and tenant conveniences - which translate not only to building safety & security, but also helping to identify short-term rental usage by knowing who is entering and exiting the property.
Resident Convenience & Security
- Residents can give themselves access to the building 4 ways (Access Code, Key Fob, via Mobile App or through a Visitor Call).
- Residents can receive video calls and/or standard phone call from visitors, even when they are not home
- Residents can grant their visitors temporary Virtual Keys that can have a date/time limit.
- Residents and managers can view their cloud-based visitor logs with images of their visitors.
- Easy installation without the need to access each apartment. Only requires a CAT5 PoE/Internet Connection.
- Available 7" monitors for apartments to maintain NYC compliance
(Alternatively, their Patent-Pending integration methods allow you to integrate their system with existing analog intercom systems, allowing you to leave your existing system in place to help maintain local city compliance, while adding Smart Video Intercom features. It’s as easy as plugging it in!)
- Remote management from anywhere.
- Built-in schedulable access control system for residents & visitors.
How Can You Benefit?
AlphaTouch® is not only an upgrade to your building but also an upgrade to your security. Intercom systems are often used to supplement secure access to a building and require that anyone who wants to enter a building identify themselves. This deters criminals or unauthorized personnel from entering your building, which connects with building safety. AlphaTouch® can also be used to monitor elusive package thieves and suspicious visitors. Suspected short-term rental usage? Alpha Touch is a great tool to help you monitor the traffic going in and out of your building such as suspected AirBnB guests. With all the new laws and pressures placed on landlords recently, you may be questioning, “What's the point?” Simply put, simplicity matched with safety. With the power to see who’s on the other side of that door and the ability to grant access is a very important amenity that many potential tenants look for.
The intercom systems designed by Alpha Communications require few components and the AlphaTouch® is far easier to install and maintain than most intercom systems. In fact, installation can occur within a day by simply plugging it in! Best of all, monthly cloud services start as low as $2.50 per month per unit allowing instant connectivity to updates, cloud storage, and remote access.